There’s nothing like sliding into a hot bath at the end of a long day. And we all know that lavender has the best relaxation properties on the go. Try your hand at making your own bath bomb to enjoy in your next bath.
- Baking Soda
- Cream of Tartar
- Olive Oil or Coconut Oil
- Epsom Salt
- Dried Lavender
- Lavender Essential Oil
- Purple Food Colouring
- Spray Bottle of water
1. Mix 2 cups of baking soda with 1 cup of cream of tartar and 6 tablespoons of epsom salts.
2. Add dried lavender and mix.
3. Mix 30 to 40 drops of essential oil, 8 tablespoons of either coconut oil or olive oil with a few drops of purple food colouring.
4. Combine wet and dry ingredients together. It is the right consistency, if when squeezed, it forms into a ball. If you need a little more moisture, add a spray of water, mix and try again until it will form.
5. Add mixture into moulds, compacting tightly, allow to dry for 24 hours.
6. Remove from moulds and allow to air dry undisturbed for another 24 hours.
7. Run a bath and enjoy!
OTHER SCENT OPTIONS:
• Wild orange and lemon essential oils combined with yellow food colouring for morning energy if you prefer to bathe in the morning
• Rose essential oils mixed with dried petals and red food colouring to sooth your body
• Lime and spearmint essential oils with green food colouring to uplift your mood
• Lemon and eucalyptus essential oils with green food colouring to clear your breathing