“Sometimes it is just nice to grab a few moments for yourself. Take a little peddle to the beach or hit the trails. At BaKED Food Café we believe that the only thing that should be left behind you after your picnic are your footprints …or your bicycle tracks:) Pack everything in reusable containers, take your cutlery from home and for-go the paper napkins for some pretty linens.”
– Stephanie Cooper, BaKED Food Café.
- Quinoa Salad in a
- Curry Turmeric Vinaigrette
Quinoa Salad in a Curry Turmeric Vinaigrette
- 1 cup quinoa, rinsed
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup diced carrot
- 1 cup diced apple (Stirling Fruit Farms)
- 1/2 cup green peas fresh or thawed
- 1/2 cup toasted pumpkin seeds
- 1/3 cup diced green onion
- *add more of anything to taste
Curry Turmeric Vinaigrette
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey (Cornect Family Farm)
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- pepper to taste
- * add more of anything to taste
Prepare quinoa according to directions. Let cool and combine with apple, carrot, peas, pumpkin seeds and green onion.
Prepare the vinaigrette by whisking together the vinegar, minced garlic, curry powder, ground turmeric, onion powder, honey, salt and pepper. Slowly add the oil and continue to whisk until blended.
Add half the vinaigrette to the salad, mix well. Continue to add the vinaigrette until all ingredients are coated, or, to taste. Leftover vinaigrette can be kept in a sealed container in the fridge for a few weeks. Serves 4. Prepare your picnic basket using reusable containers and utensils. No waste left behind.
Wash this salad down with BaKED’s refreshing and house made Blueberry Basil Lemonade.